In addition to the BTLPT resources mentioned in our “How to Pass the BTLPT” article, this page includes a complete list of the Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test (BTLPT) resources that we recommend so that you ROCK the TExES bilingual certification exam!
Get these resources way ahead of your scheduled test date (s). Then create a schedule, and STAY CONSISTENT with studying/practicing. An amazing bilingual teaching career awaits you! 🙂
*Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links which means that at no additional cost to you, we receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. You supporting our blog this way helps us continue to bring you helpful content! You can read our disclosure statement at the bottom of this page.”
- Barron’s AP Spanish Language and Culture book (with audio CD)- This book did wonders for us in improving Spanish reading comprehension. The AP Spanish book by Barron’s is designed to prepare high school students to take the AP Spanish exam in order to get Spanish course credits for college. The test is challenging. Though the book does a great job of covering Spanish reading, writing, listening, and speaking, we recommend it specifically for Spanish reading!
- The book, Developing Writing Skills in Spanish, is a good choice for improving your Spanish writing skills. Chapter 4 focuses on persuasive writing which is good practice for preparing for the Opinion/Persuasion Essay in the BTLPT essay section.
BTLPT Listening & Speaking
- We offer listening and speaking coaching sessions for the BTLPT!
See details below…
Improve Your Spanish Listening & Speaking with 1-to-1 Coaching!
Schedule your 30 or 60-minute private coaching session with us!
We’ve been right where you are and succeeded with passing the BTLPT!
We breakdown for you the exact tips and strategies we used to build our confidence and pass the BTLPT!
Go ahead and schedule your private coaching session today!
Additional TExES Certification Book Recommendations for Bilingual Candidates
Prospective elementary bilingual teachers in Texas must pass a total of four certification exams. Below are our recommendations for the other three tests:
- To tackle the Bilingual Supplemental Education exam, we recommend the book TExES Bilingual Education Supplemental (164).
- For the EC-6 certification exam, the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 (291) book.
- To do well on the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities exam, we suggest the TExES PPR EC-12 (160) book.
We’ve had a positive experience with this book company.
General Spanish Tutoring Services
If you’re more of a D-I-Y person and would like to explore other Spanish language options, we recommend the two companies below. Both offer private Spanish classes, and Study Spanish offers group sessions!
¡Suerte con sus estudios!
~Missi & Eduardo
This site is owned and operated by Curriculum Chef LLC which is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Curriculum Chef LLC also participates in affiliate programs with Convertkit, Siteground, ShareASale, and other sites. The site Curriculum Chef LLC is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.